Register your vehicle ON LINE http://www.australiaday.com.au/get-involved/carnivale/
To participate in the veteran, vintage or classic section of Australia Day CARnivale in 2015 your vehicle needs to be at least 30 years old, meaning it must have been built before 31 December 1984 or be an identical model run-on.
Entries are accepted on a first-in basis, depending on the number and variety of vehicles.
Applications will close on Friday 14 November 2014 or earlier if the total space allocation has been filled.
If your registration is accepted you will receive a letter in December confirming arrival times and set-up details.
What happens on the Day
- Assembly of vehicles will commence at the Domain Car Park from 6.00 am.
- Free breakfast will be provided in the car park forecourt by the Rotary Club of Granville.
- Vehicles will travel in convoys from 7.00 am to their designated display positions.
- For crowd safety reasons vehicles must stay in their allocated position until 5:00 pm when they may leave under the direction of police and marshals.
- Marshals will assist drivers to position vehicles according to the space available.
- Entrants displaying flags or banners must affix them to their vehicles only and not to fences or buildings.
- No portable cooking facilities may be used in or around vehicles on display.
- No temporary structures, gazebos, tents or sunshades are to be erected in the precinct.
Activities on the Day
Adjacent to CARnivale, the Summer Playground in Hyde Park will be a wonderland of fun for kids and kids at heart. It is the place for families to celebrate Australia Day through live entertainment, shows and activities.
What you will receive prior to the event
An information kit will be sent to successful entrants in December containing a windscreen sticker designating your arrival time at the Domain and your on-street location, a map of the location and details about the day.
What to Bring
The windscreen sticker, without which you will not be allowed entry, and sunscreen or raincoats – the event goes on whatever the weather.
Enquiries: Vehicle Co-ordinator John Flower at email@example.com or on 02 9513 2035